[smartmontools-support] I'd like to hear some advice on new features.
jonghwan Choi
2017-04-14 01:17:28 UTC
Hi all.

I would like to add the new features. (
https://www.smartmontools.org/ticket/832)
There are already the ability to turn specific device features on and off.
But it only supports some functions. To add more functionality, we have to
add code for each function.
To solve this problem, I added code to turn on / off specific functions by
specifying features value and sector count value.
I also know that using it wrong can be a problem.
However, this problem is solved by forbidding some fatal commands.
It is useful for fw developers like me.

I send e-mail because I want to hear other people's opinions according to
Christian Franke's advice.

thanks.

Best Regards.!