[smartmontools-support] Unable to install smartmontools v6.5-1 into an updated Mac OS X v10.5.8/Leopard...
Ant
2017-02-20 02:35:48 UTC
Hello.

I just downloaded
https://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/files/smartmontools/6.5/smartmontools-6.5-1.dmg/download
into a very old (early 2008) 15" MacBook Pro with its new updated Mac OS
X v10.5.8/Leopard on an external USB HDD since I am trying to see if its
internal HDD is going bad (not booting up Mac OS X fully even in safe
mode and others). I am still able to access this internal HDD from the
external HDD's OS X v10.5.8 though.

Opening its downloaded smartmontools-6.5-1.dmg and running its
smartmontools-6.5-1.pkg shows "Operating could not be completed.
(com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.) Couldn't open
'smartmontools-6.5-1.pkg'" error --
screen shot/capture.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
Quote of the Week: "Applied mathematics will always need pure
mathematics, just as anteaters will always need ants." --Paul Halmos
| |o o| | E-mail: ***@earthlink.net/***@zimage.com
\ _ / If crediting, then please kindly use Ant nickname
( ) and AQFL URL/link.